Published on September 25th, 2014 | by MH Pri Counsellor0
Term 1 Week 5
Our focus continues to be on preparation for camp. The students are very excited and we are looking forward to spending time with them in an out of school learning environment.
Here are 10 competencies that predict good parenting outcomes. The skills are all derived from published studies and are basic predictors of a strong parent-child bond, children’s happiness, health and success.
- Love and affection. You support and accept the child, are affectionate and spend quality one-on-one time together.
- Stress management. You take steps to reduce stress for yourself and your child, practice relaxation techniques and provide positive feedback on events.
- Relationship skills. You maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse or partner and model effective and positive relationships to other people.
- Autonomy and independence. You treat your child with respect and encourage and allow him/her to become independent and self-reliant.
- Education and learning. You promote and model learning and provide educational opportunities for your child.
- Life skills. You provide for your child, have a steady income and plan for the future.
- Behaviour management. You make extensive use of positive reinforcement and punish only when other methods of managing behavior have failed.
- Health. You model a healthy lifestyle and good habits, such as regular exercise and proper nutrition, for your child.
- Religion. You support spiritual or religious development and participate in such activities.
- Safety. You take precautions to protect your child and maintain an awareness of the child’s activities and friends.
Have an amazing holiday!
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 152-1663-8740.