Published on September 25th, 2014 | by Grade 1 Minhang Campus0
Grade 1 Maths
This week, the students had a test on number bonds. They also began addition within numbers 1 to 10. They learned how to add by counting on. They also learned how to write addition equations and addition stories.
- Creating number bonds with a given set of numbers.
- Add by counting the total number of objects into sets within 10.
- Add two numbers within 10 by counting on.
- Write addition equations using + an =.
- Creating addition equations and stories.
After the holiday, students will review addition to 10 and have a practical test to assess their knowledge and understanding. They will also revisit number bonds with a math project. They will combine number bonds and addition stories to create a math bracelet with an illustration. Students will enjoy this fun and interactive project.
- Reviewing number bonds.
- Reviewing addition stories.
- Testing on addition up to 10.
Save the Date:
September 29th – October 3rd – No School
October 7th – Practical test on addition to 10.
Remember! Students have received login and passwords to www.mathletics.com! Encourage your child to visit this website as often as they want to practice grade level 1 Math at home, as well as playing fun Math games each day to strengthen their skills.